Use this guide to plan your visit with us, or check out our Digital Brochure while you’re exploring Downtown!
Entertainment & Attractions
Downtown Hartsville hosts several entertainment options. The Carmike Cinema Twin shows new release movies for only $3.99! Just behind that is the Black Creek Arts Center, a gallery with rotating exhibits from artists around the country. The historic Center Theater hosts theatrical and music performances throughout the year; visit thecentertheater.com for upcoming events.
If it’s sports you’re after, the local Coker College Cobras have lacrosse, basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball, and many other teams that play in town.
Hartsville also has a downtown scavenger hunt called Tales on the Town. The clues tell the history of Hartsville as they lead you and your family around town in search of cute little red fox statuettes! The EdVenture Hartsville Children’s Museum offers all sort of fun educational activities—and a Ferris wheel!
Just around the corner is the Hartsville Museum, which showcases the history of Hartsville and the Native Americans who originally inhabited this area. If you’re looking for a quiet space, or a good book, the Hartsville Memorial Library and Coker College Library are open to the public. Downtown, Burry Bookstore’s unique Walls of Books allows you to buy used books and sell them back.
- Carmike Cinema Twin; 118 W Carolina Ave Hartsville SC 29550; 843.332.9481
- Black Creek Arts Center; 116 W College Ave Hartsville SC 29550; 843.332.6234
- Center Theater; 212 N 5th St Hartsville SC 29550; 843.332.5721
- Hartsville Museum; 222 N 5th St Hartsville SC 29550; 843.383.3005
- Hartsville Memorial Library; 147 W College Ave Hartsville SC 29550; 843.332.5115
- Coker College Library; 300 E College Ave Hartsville SC 29550; 843.383.8125
- Burry Bookstore; 130 W Carolina Ave Hartsville SC 29550; 843-332.2511
Fitness & Recreation
Right in the middle of downtown, the YMCA of the Upper Pee Dee, offers a range of fitness classes, equipment, and sports facilities—including an Olympic-sized pool. Anyone with a Y membership in South Carolina is a member at the Hartsville YMCA; temporary passes are also available. Learn more at upperpdymca.org.
The Black Creek Arts Center hosts yoga classes weekday evenings and a Friday morning class. Guest passes are only $8 and no registration is required. Visit their website for more information.
The City’s T.B. Thomas Sports Center at Byerly Park offers a gym, rubberized outdoor track, elevated indoor walking track, and other fitness offerings.
The City of Hartsville has several parks downtown and others only a few minutes away. During warm weather, take the family to Piratesville Splash Pad, the largest water park in the Pee Dee. Coker College’s Kalmia Gardens is a beautiful public botanical garden located about two miles away on Black Creek and filled with walking and running trails.
- YMCA; 111 E Carolina Ave Hartsville SC 29550; 843.383.4547
- Fitness World; 821 S 5th St Hartsville SC 29550; 843.332.3073
- T.B. Thomas Sports Center; 701 W Washington St Hartsville SC 29550; 843.339.2878
- Piratesville Splash Pad; 700 Russell Rd Hartsville SC 29550; 843.339.2878
- Kalmia Gardens; 1624 W Carolina Ave Hartsville SC 29550; 843.383.8145
Local Businesses & Corporations
VisitHartsvilleSC.com, the City of Hartsville’s tourism site, lists places to go and things to do, and the Greater Hartsville Chamber of Commerce lists restaurants, shops, service providers, and other businesses all around town.