Use this guide to plan your visit to Hartsville.
Entertainment & Attractions
Downtown Hartsville hosts several entertainment options. Black Creek Arts Center is a gallery with rotating exhibits from artists around the country. The historic Center Theater hosts theatrical and music performances throughout the year; visit thecentertheater.com for upcoming events.
Right beside the Center Theater is the Hartsville Museum, which showcases the history of Hartsville and the Native Americans who originally inhabited this area. Hartsville also has a downtown scavenger hunt called Tales on the Town. The clues tell the history of Hartsville as they lead you and your family around town in search of cute little red fox statuettes! The EdVenture Hartsville Children’s Museum offers all sort of fun educational activities—and a carousel!
Visit the Main Street Hartsville calendars to see what’s going on around town while you’re here.
If it’s sports you’re after, the local Coker University Cobras have lacrosse, basketball, volleyball, soccer, baseball, and many other teams that play in town.
If you’re looking for a quiet space, or a good book, the Hartsville Memorial Library and Coker University Library are open to the public. Downtown, The Nook’s unique selection allows you to buy used books and sell them back.
- Black Creek Arts Center; 116 W College Ave Hartsville SC 29550; 843.332.6234
- Center Theater; 212 N 5th St Hartsville SC 29550; 843.332.5721
- Hartsville Museum; 222 N 5th St Hartsville SC 29550; 843.383.3005
- Hartsville Memorial Library; 147 W College Ave Hartsville SC 29550; 843.332.5115
- Coker University Library; 300 E College Ave Hartsville SC 29550; 843.383.8125
Fitness & Recreation
Right in the middle of downtown, the YMCA of the Upper Pee Dee, offers a range of fitness classes, equipment, and sports facilities—including an Olympic-sized pool. Anyone with a Y membership in South Carolina is a member at the Hartsville YMCA; temporary passes are also available. Learn more at upperpdymca.org.
Our Sacred Place, located at Black Creek Arts Center, hosts weekday evening classes. All classes will only have 12 spots available. You must preregister; no drop-ins are allowed. Visit their website for more information.
The City’s T.B. Thomas Sports Center at Byerly Park offers a gym, rubberized outdoor track, elevated indoor walking track, and other fitness offerings.
The City of Hartsville has several parks downtown and others only a few minutes away. During warm weather, take the family to Neptune Island, the largest water park in the Pee Dee. Coker University’s Kalmia Gardens is a beautiful public botanical garden located about two miles away on Black Creek and filled with walking and running trails.
- YMCA; 111 E Carolina Ave Hartsville SC 29550; 843.383.4547
- Fitness World; 821 S 5th St Hartsville SC 29550; 843.332.3073
- T.B. Thomas Sports Center; 701 W Washington St Hartsville SC 29550; 843.339.2878
- Neptune Island Waterpark; 700 Russell Rd Hartsville SC 29550; 843.339.2878
- Kalmia Gardens; 1624 W Carolina Ave Hartsville SC 29550; 843.383.8145
Local Businesses & Corporations
Main Street Hartsville hosts a directory of businesses downtown.
VisitHartsvilleSC.com, the City of Hartsville’s tourism site, lists places to go and things to do, and the Greater Hartsville Chamber of Commerce lists restaurants, shops, service providers, and other businesses all around town.