With the changing of seasons, downtown revitalization organization Main Street Hartsville and its Design Committee are aiming to bring changing colors and changing sights to the historic business district with Downtown Hartsville’s Fall Window Display Contest. The event invites everyone to stroll among our shops, restaurants and businesses to see the storefronts that have been decked out in the spirit of autumn.
Voting for the contest is open to anyone interested, and is taking place now through Oct. 18. One vote is allowed per person. Ballots are available in participating stores, and may be turned in to the official ballot box outside Hartsville City Hall, 100 E. Carolina Ave. One lucky voter will be receiving a Main Street Hartsville gift card. The organization found to have the best-decorated storefront will win a spot in the Hartsville Christmas Parade.
The winning entry will be announced during the last of the Concerts on College Avenue events, taking place Thursday, Oct. 23 from 6 to 9 p.m. and featuring local band Skymonk.
Main Street’s window display contests will crank up again in early November with a Holiday Decorating Contest. Groups interested in decorating empty storefronts may contact email@example.com or 843.383.3015.
Entries in the Fall Window Display Contest include:
- Agape Hospice, 113 N. Fifth St., “A Taste of Apples with a Sip of Fall”
- Bang Bang Boutique & Fierce Dance Academy 125 N. Fifth St., “We’re Not in Kansas Anymore”
- Blush, 153 W. Carolina Ave., “Come in My Pretties”
- Clothesline Consignment Boutique, 112 W. Carolina Ave., “Fashionably Fall”
- Days Gone By, 146 W. Carolina Ave., “Happy Fall Y’all”
- High Cotton Homes, 116 E. Carolina Ave., “Home Is Where the Heart Is”
- FME Nuclear Solutions, 147 W. Carolina Ave., “Graveyard”
- Klick & Flair, 104 E. College Ave., “’Boo’tiful “Boo’tique”
- Lulu’s Clothing Boutique, 108 E. College Ave., “The Pumpkin ‘Hatch’”
- The Midnight Rooster, 136 E. Carolina Ave., “Come Hob Nob at the Rooster”
- Minnie’s Giftique, 142 E. Carolina Ave., “Fall in Love with Minnie’s”
- Palmetto Diamonds, 124 E. Carolina Ave., “Fall into a Diamond State of Mind”
- SPC Credit Union, 204 N. Fifth St., “SPC’s ‘Fall’ing Rates”
- Wesley United Methodist Church, 106 E. Carolina Ave. (display located in former Eli’s Candy Kitchen), “Pumpkin Patch”